All questions # 506: “CAMP Categories”
Ian Pickus of WAMC and resident quizer Mike Nothnagel return to “camp”.
Last week’s challenge
Start with the name NEW HAMPSHIRE. Add a letter and you can rearrange the result to spell a six letter word for a song type and a seven letter word for what you probably don’t do when you sing that song. What are the words?
Reply: Add and T and you can spell WHISPER and HYMN.
CATEGORY OF THIS WEEK: SUMMER CAMP
On-air questions: It’s the summer camp season for many young people in our region, now that school is over. This week we will be going to camp as well. I’ll give you a category, and you give me four possible answers for each using the letters C, AM, P.
1. European countries
2. Disney characters
3. US Vice Presidents
4. Classic cocktails
5. Cities with a current NHL franchise
1. Shakespeare plays
2. Monopoly properties
This week’s challenge
Start with a word for someone who is common in summer camps. Rearrange the letters and you can spell the proper names from mythology. What are the words?
1. Czech Republic, Croatia, Cyprus, Austria, Andorra, Albania, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Macedonia, Moldova, Poland, Portugal
2. Cinderella, Cheshire Cat, Cogsworth, Cruella de Vil, Abu, Aladdin, Alice, Magic Carpet, Mad Hatter, Maleficent, Mary Poppins, Mary Darling, Maurice, Mufasa, Mulan, Miss Piggy, Pumbaa, Princess Jasmine, Price Eric, Prince Charming, Pocahontas, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Phineas Flynn, Piglet
3. Cheney, Clinton, Calhoun, Colfax, Coolidge, Curtis, Adams, Arthur, Agnew, Mondale, Marshall, Pence
4. Cosmo, Cuba Libre, Cape Cod, Champagne Cocktail, Alexander, Aviation, Aperol Spritz, Appletini, Martini, Manhattan, Mai Tai, Mojito, Margarita, Pimm’s Cup, Pisco Sour, Paloma, Pina Colada, Planter’s Punch, Pink Lady
5. Calgary, Chicago, Columbus, Anaheim, Montreal, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Paradise, Nevada (Las Vegas)
1. Coriolanus, Cymbeline, Antony and Cleopatra, All’s well that ends well, as you please, Midsummer Night’s Dream, Macbeth, Much ado about nothing, Pericles
2. Connecticut Avenue, California Avenue, Atlantic Avenue, Arctic Avenue, Maryland Avenue, Massachusetts Avenue, Mediterranean Avenue, Michigan Avenue, Marvin Gardens