Bahrain will face Ugandan women in the 8th round
44e Chess Olympiad (women’s category – round 8):
Bahrain vs Uganda – Saturday August 6, 2022
- Ahmed Najla (Bahrain) vs Peninah Nakabo (Uganda)
- Zainab Alafoo (Bahrain) vs WCM Shakira Ampaire (Uganda)
- Hawra Sharaf (Bahrain) vs. Patricia Kawuma (Uganda)
- Obaid Sondos (Bahrain) vs. Milly Takali (Uganda)
Uganda women’s chess team returns to action against Bahrain in round 8 at 44e Chess Olympiad in Chennai, India on Saturday August 6, 2022.
This comes just 24 hours after that bitter 1.5-2.5 loss to Albania in the seventh set.
Ahmed Najla will face Peninah Nakabo, Zainab Alafoo will play WCM Shakira Ampaire, Hawra Sharaf will face Patricia Kawuma and Obaid Sondos will face Milly Takali.
WCM Gloria Nansubuga will be rested from this round.
After seven rounds, the Uganda women’s team has won three times and lost four times.
Uganda lost 0-4 to Cuba, beat Eswatini 4-0, lost 1.5-2.5 to Malaysia, won 1.5-1.5 to Cyprus, fell 0-4 to Cyprus Algeria recovered to win 4-0 against Trinidad and Tobago before the final 1.5-2.5 slide to Albania.
Meanwhile, the Ugandan team in the open category will face Bulgaria in the eighth round.
FM Wanyama will face Bulgarian IM Petkov Momchil.
FM Patrick Kawuma will face MI Stoyanov Tsvetan (Bulgaria), FM Yordanov Lachezar will face Walter Okas and Tashev Alexsandar will face Emmanuel Egesa.
FM Haruna Nsubuga will be rested from the eighth round.
In the seventh round, Uganda won 4-0 over Somalia.
A total of 11 rounds will be played in all.
The 44th Chess Olympiad in Chennai, India attracted 350 teams from 187 countries.
Results of the women’s 7th round against Albania:
- Peninah Nakabo (Uganda) 1-0 WCM Shabanaj Eglantina (Albania)
- WCM Shakira Ampaire (Uganda 0-1 WCM Klean Shuqja (Albania)
- WFM Gloria Nansubuga (Uganda) 0-1 WCM Rozana Gjergji (Albania)
- Patricia Kawuma (Uganda) 0.5 – 0.5 Eklea Omeri (Albania)