Covid Scotland: Complete list of countries on the green, orange and red lists while Spain is still “at risk”
Yesterday (August 4) saw an update to the UK travel list with a warning to anyone hoping to vacation in Spain.
Some of the more recent changes mean anyone now arriving in Scotland from France will no longer need to self-quarantine if fully vaccinated. The move was taken to “realign France with the rest of the EU” due to a reported drop in the country’s rate of beta variant cases.
Spain will remain on the orange list but travelers are advised to be careful due to an ongoing investigation into a new variant originating in South America, now present in Spain.
On top of that, the price of a managed isolation stay drops from £ 1,750 to £ 2,285.
In her recent speech on August 3, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon revealed that the Scottish government is carefully considering the possibility of launching covid vaccine certificates next month.
Nicola Sturgeon said: “I can also confirm that we continue to examine very carefully the possible, albeit limited, use of covid status certification for access to certain higher risk sites in the future.
“We are currently developing an app to facilitate access to covid status certificates – which will include vaccination details – for international travel.
“The app will have functionality to support the use of these certificates for home settings if we decide it is appropriate.
“However, I want to assure Parliament that we do not underestimate the ethical, fairness and human rights issues associated with certification of Covid status, and we will keep Members informed and consulted on our thinking about this issue. “
The changes will take effect at 4 a.m. on Sunday August 8.
Get all the latest Glasgow news and headlines delivered straight to your inbox twice a day by signing up for our free newsletter.
From the latest news to the latest on the coronavirus crisis in Scotland, we’ve got you covered.
The morning newsletter arrives every day before 9 a.m. and the evening newsletter, manually curated by the team, is sent out between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m., giving you an overview of the most important stories we covered that day.
To register, simply enter your email address in this link here.
Hotel isolation fee
- £ 2,285 for the first adult
- £ 650 each for any other adult or child over 12
- £ 325 each for any child aged 5-12
There is no charge for children under 5 years old.
If you have to stay more than 10 days because you return a positive Covid-19 test, or because you have been told that you are a close contact of a person who tested positive, you must reserve additional days through the portal of CTM reservation. There will be no charge for these additional days.
You may be able to get financial assistance if you receive any of the following
- Universal Credit
- Child tax credit
- Labor Tax Credit
- Housing allowance
- Income support
- Pension credit
- Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Employment and Income Support Allowance (ESA)
- Caregiver allowance
- Municipal tax reduction
To request assistance you must call +44 (0) 207 429 9732 or send an email to [email protected]
Which destinations are changing?
Destinations go from orange to green
Destinations changing from orange to red
Destinations go from red to amber
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
What are the rules for each list?
Note that to be fully vaccinated you must have received your final dose from approved sources at least 14 days prior.
You will also need to present your vaccination record when traveling to Scotland. If you have been vaccinated in Scotland, you can get a paper record through NHS Inform.
Before traveling to Scotland from a Green List country or area, you must
- Complete a passenger tracking form
- Do a covid test
- Book and pay £ 88 for a covid test – you must take this test within two days of arriving in Scotland
You won’t need to isolate yourself unless
- The result of the Covid-19 test you took on the second day after returning to Scotland is positive
- NHS Scotland Test and Protect is contacting you to let you know you need to self-isolate because you have traveled with someone who tested positive for covid.
If you are vaccinated
You no longer need to self-isolate if you are traveling to Scotland from an Amber List country and have been fully vaccinated in one of the following countries:
- UK (including UK vaccine rollout overseas)
- EU member states
- European Free Trade Association (EFTA) countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland)
- Andorra, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican City
- United States
Before traveling to Scotland you should make sure you have a vaccination record to show on your trip.
You must also
- state that you have been fully vaccinated on your passenger tracking form
- do a covid test before traveling
- book and pay £ 88 for a covid test – you must take this test within two days of arriving in Scotland and must book your test kit using the CTM booking portal
Approved vaccinated sources
- EU Member States Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican City: vaccines approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA). Note that other vaccines including Sinopharm and Sputnik V vaccines are not currently accepted
- Monaco, Andorra and Vatican City: Vaccines approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA). Please note that other vaccines, including Sinopharm and Sputnik V vaccines, are not accepted at this time.
- Switzerland: Vaccines approved by the Swiss vaccination program
- UK: vaccines approved by the NHS
- United States: Vaccines approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
If you are not fully vaccinated
If you have been in an Amber List country in the 10 days prior to your trip to Scotland and you have not been fully vaccinated, you must:
- complete a passenger tracking form
- do a covid test before traveling
- book and pay £ 170 for the second and eighth day covid travel tests – you must book your test kit using the CTM booking portal – any other type of test kit, such as free NHS kits or those sold by private companies, cannot be used for these tests
When you arrive in Scotland you must
- isolate at home or where you stay for 10 days
- take a Covid-19 test – day 2 or before and day 8 or after of your 10 days of isolation
If you have been in a Red Listed country or region at any time during the 10 days prior to your arrival in Scotland, you will only be allowed to enter the UK if:
You must not travel to countries or areas on the Red List for leisure purposes.
You can check GOV.UK for the latest travel advice on Red List countries.
Before traveling to Scotland from a Red List country you will need to:
Green List Countries
- Anguilla and Montserrat
- Austria – just added
- British Antarctic Territory
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Cayman Islands
- the falkland islands
- Faroe Islands
- Germany – just added
- Hong Kong
- Israel and Jerusalem
Latvia – just added
- New Zealand
Norway – just added
- Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Islands
Romania – just added
- Slovenia – just added
- Slovakia – just added
- South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
- Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha
- Turks and Caicos Islands
Orange List Countries
- Akrotiri and Dhekelia
- Bahrain – just added
- Bonaire, Saint-Eustache and Saba
- Bosnia herzegovina
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Central African Republic
- the Cook Islands
- Ivory Coast
- Czech Republic (Czechia)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- France – changes for people fully vaccinated in UK do not apply
- French Polynesia
- The Gambia
- Greece (including islands)
- India – just added
- Marshall Islands
- New Caledonia
- North Korea
- North Macedonia
- The Occupied Palestinian Territories
- Papua New Guinea
- Portugal including the Azores, but excluding Madeira which is now on the green list
- Qatar – just added
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- The Solomon Islands
- South Korea
- South sudan
- Spain (including the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands)
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- St. LUCIA
- St Martin and St Barthélemy
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) – just added
- United States (United States)
- Wallis and futuna
- Western Sahara
Red List Countries
- Green cap
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- French Guiana
- Georgia – just added
- Mayotte – just added
- Mexico – just added
- Myanmar (Burma)
- Meeting – just added
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago