Gemini Crypto Rewards credit card is now available in the US
First Instant Crypto Rewards Credit Card* Gives Consumers a Seamless Way to Earn Up to 3%+ return of more than 60 cryptocurrencies supported on Gemini
NEW YORK, April 14, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Geminia cryptocurrency platform for buying, selling, earning and storing crypto, announced today the Gemini credit card™ is now available in all 50 US states. Cardholders can earn up to 3% crypto on meals+, 2% crypto back on groceries, and 1% crypto back on all other purchases, with rewards automatically deposited into their Gemini account. The Gemini credit card is issued by WebBank and features Mastercard as its exclusive card network.
Since the waitlist was launched, the Gemini credit card has amassed over 500,000 registrations. Cardholders will be able to use the Gemini Credit Card anywhere Mastercard is accepted and will be able to choose from over 60 types of cryptocurrencies currently supported for rewards on the Gemini exchange platform, including bitcoin, crypto ether, dogecoin and other tokens.
When a cardholder makes a purchase, Gemini automatically converts the USD value of the reward into the selected cryptocurrency and deposits it into the cardholder’s Gemini account. This process occurs as soon as the transaction is approved for most merchant categories*. Cardholders can change their selected crypto reward as often as they like, allowing them to earn a wide variety of cryptocurrencies during each month.
Additional features of the Gemini credit card include:
- No annual fees: The Gemini credit card has no annual fees or foreign transaction fees.1 There are no exchange fees for receiving crypto rewards.2
- Instant access: After approval, customers can instantly access a digital version of their Gemini credit card on the Gemini mobile or web app. Plus, consumers can add the card to their mobile wallet and start shopping online, in-app and at point-of-sale.
- Safety-centric design: Sensitive information, such as the 16-digit card number, is stripped from the physical card and only accessible to cardholders through the Gemini mobile or web app.
- Stainless steel: The Gemini Credit Card’s sleek stainless steel card is made from 75% recycled materials and is available in three colors: silver, rose gold and black.
- World Mastercard® Benefits: Customers can access exclusive offers at certain merchants such as DoorDash, HelloFresh, Lyft and ShopRunneras well as MasterCard Priceless Experiences®. The Gemini credit card will include advanced security features, including MasterCard ID Theft Protection™, zero liability and price protection.
- 24/7 live customer support
“Mastercard and Gemini share the belief that providing relevant and innovative crypto rewards experiences will not only empower consumers, but also unlock access to the digital currency ecosystem,” said Sherri HaymondExecutive Vice President, Digital Partnerships at Mastercard. “We are honored to work hand-in-hand with Gemini to deliver this one-of-a-kind rewards offering and make the crypto experience even easier for consumers.”
“WebBank is thrilled to leverage its expertise in financial product innovation through its partnership with Gemini and Mastercard to launch the cutting-edge Gemini credit card that offers consumers the opportunity to earn real-time crypto rewards that reside on Gemini’s trusted crypto platform,” mentioned Jason LloydPresident and CEO of WebBank.
“Last year the crypto industry had its breakout moment with 44% of crypto owners in the United States.3 said he first bought crypto last year. Gemini is committed to helping increase education and delivering innovations that remove barriers to entry for consumers looking to access crypto such as bitcoin,” said Pravjit Tiwana, Technical Director of Gemini. “In partnership with Mastercard and WebBank, we developed the Gemini Credit Card to provide a simplified way to invest in crypto without requiring consumers to change their daily behavior. With the Gemini Credit Card, users also have access to a trusted single platform to buy, sell, store and earn real interest in crypto, and we couldn’t be more excited to make it widely available across United States.”
For customers based in United States and interested in applying for a Gemini credit card, visit: https://www.gemini.com/credit-card.
Gemini is a platform that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, ether, and DeFi tokens. Gemini’s simple, innovative and secure products are designed to empower the individual. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss.
*Some exclusions apply where rewards are deposited when the transaction is posted.
+3% discount on meals (up to $6,000 in annual expenses, then 1%)
1 Variable APRs: purchase 13.24% – 24.24%, cash advance 26.24%, penalty 30.24%. Cash advance fees $10 or 3%, whichever is greater. (From April 142022)
2 Fees may be incurred for the sale or conversion of your crypto rewards.
3Gemini State of Crypto Report 2022