Sputnik V vaccine helps San Marino become first country in Europe to defeat COVID and reduce infection rate to zero
San Marino was able to roll out the most successful vaccination campaign in Europe thanks to Sputnik V: average infection rate over 7 days per 1 million people (May 3-9) is more than 40 times lower than that of EU countries. Positive results from the vaccination campaign with Sputnik V were achieved just two months after its start, with the median of daily COVID cases dropping 250 times from a high point in early April to zero and no cases of infection registered since May 4.
In San Marino 74% of the population aged 16 and over were vaccinated with the first dose of a COVID vaccine while 90% of these vaccinations were conducted using Sputnik V. San Marino has also helped eliminate cases of death from COVID. San Marino has closed its hospital ward for the treatment of patients infected with the coronavirus.
Profound results prove the effectiveness of Sputnik V against the British strain which is currently spreading through Europe, including in the neighbors Italy.
RDIF is ready to supply additional lots of Sputnik V to San Marino organize vaccination tourism based on positive vaccination results in the country which has shown a sharp decrease in the infection rate to zero.
Post-vaccination studies in a number of countries, including Argentina, Mexico and Hungary, have shown that Sputnik V is the safest and most effective vaccine against the coronavirus. Sputnik V is registered in 64 countries around the world with a total population of over 3.2 billion people. Sputnik V is the world’s second-largest coronavirus vaccine in terms of the number of approvals issued by government regulators.
Sputnik V was approved in Russia, Belarus, Argentina, Bolivia, Serbia, Algeria, Palestine, Venezuela, Paraguay, Turkmenistan, Hungary, WATER, Iran, Republic of Guinea, Tunisia, Armenia, Mexico, Nicaragua, Republika Srpska (entity of Bosnia herzegovina), Lebanon, Myanmar, Pakistan, Mongolia, Bahrain, Montenegro, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Gabon, San Marino, Ghana, Syria, Kyrgyzstan, Guyana, Egypt, Honduras, Guatemala, Moldova, Slovakia, Angola, Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Sri Lanka, Laos, Iraq, North Macedonia, Kenya, Morocco, Jordan, Namibia, Azerbaijan, Philippines, Cameroon, Seychelles, Mauritius, Vietnam, Antigua and Barbuda, Mali, Panama, India, Nepal, Bangladesh, turkey and Albania.
Kirill Dmitriev, CEO of the Russian Direct Investment Fund, mentionned:
“Daily statistics on the number of cases show that the successful vaccination campaign with Sputnik V made it possible San Marino to reduce the level of coronavirus infection to zero and become one of the first European states to start lifting coronavirus restrictions. The country is resuming normal life and restoring economic activity. Based on the successful vaccination campaign, RDIF is ready to provide additional vaccine supplies to organize vaccination tourism.
San Marino the success in protecting its population was due to the absence of political bias in decision-making, including the choice of the Russian vaccine Sputnik V, approved for use in 64 countries.
Sputnik V has a number of key advantages:
- The efficacy of Sputnik V is 97.6% based on the analysis of data on the rate of coronavirus infection among those of Russia vaccinated with the two components of Sputnik V from December 5, 2020 at March 31, 2021;
- The Sputnik V vaccine is based on a proven and well-researched platform of human adenoviral vectors, which cause the common cold and have been around for thousands of years.
- Sputnik V uses two different vectors for the two injections in one vaccination cycle, providing longer lasting immunity than vaccines using the same delivery mechanism for both injections.
- The safety, efficacy and absence of long-term negative effects of adenoviral vaccines have been proven by more than 250 clinical studies over two decades.
- There are no strong allergies caused by Sputnik V.
- Sputnik V’s storage temperature at + 2 + 8 C means it can be stored in a conventional refrigerator without the need to invest in additional cold chain infrastructure.
- The price of Sputnik V is less than $ 10 per shot, which makes it affordable worldwide.
Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) is From russia sovereign fund created in 2011 to carry out co-investments in equities, mainly Russia, alongside renowned international financial and strategic investors. RDIF acts as a catalyst for direct investment in the Russian economy. The RDIF management company is based in Moscow. Currently, RDIF has the experience of the successful joint implementation of more than 80 projects with foreign partners totaling more than RUB2 tn and covering 95% of the regions of Russian Federation. RDIF portfolio companies employ more than 800,000 people and generate revenues equivalent to more than 6% of From russia GDP. RDIF has established joint strategic partnerships with leading international co-investors from more than 18 countries totaling more than 40 billion dollars. You can find more information on www.rdif.ru
SOURCE Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF)